There are so many ways people are making a positive impact for our environment. Every episode, we’ll talk to someone new doing great things for their communities and we’ll share resources to take action.
Bootstrap Compost is a food scrap pickup service in the Boston area serving residential and commercial clients.
In the interview, learn more about the cool composting company, why it’s important to care about compost, and how to prevent food waste from ending up in the landfill.
How to find a compost pick up or compost programs in your area:
- Google! Search “composting” or “compost pick up” and your city.
- Visit your city, county or public works website for environmental programs. Many areas have classes, discounted compost bin programs, and more.
- Do a search for free composting classes in your area.
- Ask friends and family if they know of any composting programs in your area.
- See if your city/county offers an organics recycling program by checking its website. If it doesn’t, contact and tell them how much you’d love them to start an organics recycling program for residents.
Other great ways to learn more about preventing food waste and composting:
- Save the Food is a great resource for food waste prevention ideas
- Bootstrap’s blog!
- Build your own compost bin with some of these ideas fromBackyard Growers
- Create your own vermicompost bin
- Look for composting classes or programs in your area
- Learn more about composting through Solana Center of Environmental Innovation’s guide
Podcast music credit: Blue Dot Sessions